Thursday 3 April 2014

Tired Retiree

Lately I have this feeling that I should not be wearing too much pink. You know, an all pink jubah or baju kurung. Suddenly I feel that its not age appropriate anymore. 

The thing is, since when do I consider age in relation to any behaviour? Not before. Well ok. Except for physical activities that are lilmited due to health reasons or a wonky knee like in my case. So I figure this must be another post retirement blues. (See my earlier post). 

Actually, that was not the first thought that I have. There was also another behaviour which I brought up to my girls that I should not be doing. And they just grinned. Not saying yay or nay. So, me think that perhaps it not appropriate after all. But for the life of me, I couldn't remember what it was! Tsk. Tsk.

So seeing that now I have started to attend knowledge sharing sessions (majlis ilmu) on a regular basis, perhaps I do have to dress and behave more appropriately. Anyway, I can always make good use of a few jubah dress that I used during my period of eddah. Yup. Just the ticket. Plain. Dark. The funny things is the pink jubah dress that I bought were also purchased during my eddah days too. To be worn after my eddah to mark the end of my mourning period. So happened that there were days that I was bored out of my wit during those days I ended up doing quite a number of shopping on line. Tee hee....

Anyway, back to our topic. What are the age approriate behavior anyway? What do you think? For a women of the late 50ies? 

Do tell...! 

          

No comments:

Post a Comment