Tuesday 26 February 2013

Drama and Movies Part 2

Talking about dramas and movies, I was recently 'updated' on the up and coming FFM25 award. In my opinion, this would be the most sought after award for the serious movie directors and actors. After all the judges are the experts in the field and not the raving fans who would vote for the actors instead of the acting. Well some of the die-hard fans anyway.

I am not much of a movie goer myself hence the first thing that I did was to download the movies listed in the top 5 movies of the year. Unfortunately I only managed to download and watch 2 out of 5 while one I have watched earlier on you tube (which was "OR" which I don't think much of!) And I must say that the quality of the movie are way better than the ones that I have talked about in the earlier posting. Especially "Songlap" and "Bunohan".

I have to admit that they are good. Good story line. Good cinematography. Good acting. Etc etc. No wonder both have several nomination in several catagories in FFM25. I must make myself free to watch this event on TV. Must find out which channel it will be aired. And I hope the movie "Bunohan" will get the most awards. It is not actually my kind of movie, but it has quality in many aspects. At least that's how I feel. (pssst...I have not even heard of the movies prior to this!)

And I am happy to note that Nadiya Nisaa is nominated as the best actress from her movie 'Jiwa Taiko'. Yeay! Whether she wins or not, she will still be my favourite! Hee....

As for best actor, my vote goes to Faizal Hussein from the movie "Bunohan".

Ha ha! Do I sound like an entertainment writer? This may be just a phase. And this may be the last I will be writing about malay movies and dramas...... I am sure that there are better things to write about. (Yes, there are!)

Well then, have fun peeps!

P.S. Current watch is the weekly drama on TV3 (or is it TV9?) called "Hanya Pada Mu" played by Beto Khusyary. No, I don't wait for it every Friday night. Of course, I watch it the next morning on tonton.com. Thank goodness for the internet :)
P.P.S. Are you UniFied yet? :D



No comments:

Post a Comment