Tuesday 30 December 2014

A NEW BEGINNING

Look back on your past not only in terms of achievement but failings,
Learn from our shortcoming and move on, 
Thank the Almighty. 
- Mufti Ismail Menk

The past has been filled with memories, happy and sad. I shall definitely treasure the wonderful memories and thank the Almighty for all my blessings. And I have certainly moved on from the little hiccups that life has sprinkled gently along the way. Even that is great blessings from the Almighty. 

Looking back, yes, there may be times that I would wish it could have been different but then again life challenges and tests are what we are made of. We learn from our mistakes and become better persons. If everything comes easy, we may not be appreciative and grateful with what has been bestowed upon us. We may take life for granted. We may not be strong enough to fight and move forward. 

Hence, there should be no regrets. Who or what we are now is a result of a series of process of growing up and progress of learning. 

Having said that though, if I can turn back the clock I wish I could have been a better parent to my two girls. For example, I would include books on Islamic History or the Stories of the Prophet during the time when I read them bedtime stories apart from the usual fairy tales books. I would maybe instill the habit if solat jemaah from when they are young. I would perhaps make them learn foreign language like Chinese and Arabic from when they started kindy as they say that we can learn language much easily before the age of 10. And I often wonder if I have prepared them enough to meet the challenges in this life while at the same prepare for the hereafter. 

Other than that, although there were other moment of regrets as to how I have been in the eyes of Allah, life has treated me well. Alhamdulillah. Praise the Almighty. 

Anyways, taking the same cue as everyone else, here I am wishing all my family and friends a Happy New Year. May the past be a reflection of joyous memories and may 2015 brings us greater and more meaningful living and most importantly may we be closer to our Creator. 

Aameen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment