Monday 22 December 2014

BRINGING OUT THE BEST IN ME

Well, its almost the end of year 2014. The first year that I don't have to worry about the year target and achievement. He he. 

So what are my worries instead of that, you may ask? Well, to tell you the truth, nothing! He he. Envy all you want!!!

Well, I may be lying if I say that I totally do not have any worry at all. I do have tiny worries, more like concerns rather than worry I guess. I do have stuff to think and ponder about but not the same level of worry while I was at work. Being in a position where you have major responsibility and others who depending on you, one cannot run away from worries. Oh well, all that is over and done with. Wishing everyone else the best where ever you are. ❤️

I do have one immediate concern though : that is to complete my practicum for my Professional Coach Certificatification on time and ready for my presentation next month. Thereafter I will be a qualified Certified Profesional Coach! Yeay! 

Actually, the 3 months program has given me a lot more insight than I expected. So much so that I believe that all parents and teachers should be trained as a coach. They need not be certified but certainly with coaching skill they would be able to manage "difficult" children/student better.  Children nowadays do not like to be told what to do. And it would be better for them to do something that they like to do anyway, something that they are passionate about, not what the parents want them to do. Provide that its not illegal of course. 😁

Be it as an official coach or having a casual coaching conversation its always about them and not about us. Thats the beauty of coaching. Its a total act of selflessness. Its always about their agenda and not our agenda. We are only the enabler not the decision maker. 😋

Pssst... Fyi, coaching does not equal mentoring! A mentor is more often than not a subject matter expert while a coach is totally not! Just saying. ✌️

Anyway, 2015 is going to be a new adventure for me. I see coaching as a noble profession which will be rewarding and fulfilling. My first few attempts even though amateur have given me that "feel-good" feeling. Such that I am looking forward for real cases in the future. InsyaAllah. If the intention is noble, hopefully, the returns will be rewarding and fulfilling. 

Here's wishing that everyone will find your own calling and may 2015 be the best year you ever had!
InsyaAllah.

          

1 comment:

  1. yeay...boleh panggil you sembang-sembang dengan officemate..tajuk : how to be a successful coach

    ReplyDelete