Thursday 5 July 2012

Salam malam Jumaat

Are you one of those who has difficulty to sleep on a strange bed? Sigh... I am one of them. Whenever I am away, more often than not, I would have trouble sleeping on the first night. Especially on a business trip when there was a heavy discussion the whole day (and the whole night too at times) which left the mind still active even though physically the body is ready to call it a night.

Well, tonight is one of those night. I ended up watching TV and guess what was on? Desperate Housewive! Hee....

Don't laugh but it used to be one of my favourite series. But after a couple of seasons I got tired with the sensation and spite of the people in the community. But since there was nothing else interesting at this late hour, I thought it would bore me to sleep.

Funnily enough, this particular episode caught my attention. So many has changed since God-knows whatever season ago. I am not about to tell you who is still married to who and who is doing what and where. The thing that attracted my attention was the fact that two good friends made up after a big quarrel (which happened on a regular basis actually!) after each understood the underlying reasons behind the action made by the other which caused the quarrel in the first place. Does that sound confusing?

Anyway, it got me thinking of the reality of the situation. Come to think of it if we stop putting ourselves a tad too much and think of the others a little bit more we may become a more tolerant person and do the others a bit more favour. After all, do we have to 'win' all the time? Doesn't it feel good for us to let others 'win' now and then? Better still help them 'win'?

Think about it. The feeling when we have done someone a favour is priceless. Especially when it's done with the utmost sincerity and absolutely no expectation of the favour being return.

Warm fuzzy feelings.......

(Warning: By the way, if you have done something like that just please don't brag about it to half the world or remind the person over and over again. That would just take the sincerity away).

I better try to get some sleep otherwise I will be a zombie tomorrow.

Salam and good nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment