Sunday 13 January 2013

Life and Marriage

So much in my mind yet all my thoughts seem to be reluctant to be transfered onto the 'paper'. Maybe they are all too jumbled up or got entangled with one another.

Anyways, one of my nieces has gotten engaged last week end. A sweet young girl in her early twenties. She has been 'proposed' before but two years ago her parents felt that she was still too young. But this time around, a couple of years later, the parents probably feels that she is ready to be a wife.

Question that came to my mind is, when is it the right time or age to get hitched?

Somehow, it still amazes me when couples get married young, ie in their early twenties. Or even earlier! (Yes, you guessed right. I am not one of them). I mean, have they really, really thought it through before making that life-long committment? Some may decide to skip college life and go straight in the working life. And some time, they find their life long partner along the way. By the time they are 20 years old, they may have a baby of their own. I mean, I have a 20 year old daughter and she is still a baby to me! *big smile*

When I pondered over it, there are some advantages for marrying at an earlier age. For example:
1. More babies! At least 3 or even 5 or more for those who dares! I have friends who have 7 and more! I come from a family of 9 and I love it! Alas, I only have two of my own but I am forever grateful for their presence it my life. Two is good enough for me!
2. More family time when the children are younger. The older we are the more likely that we hold a higher position which means more often than not, we are required to spend more time in the office. Therefore, less family time.... Sad, I know. But that's the price we have to pay when we move up the corporate world.
3. And of course, religious wise, it's better to be married earlier if it means keeping the vice at bay. I guess, I don't have to elaborate further on this subject.

On the other hand, getting married a bit later means that the couple would be more matured to handle family matters or family crisis and also would be more financially stable.

What ever it is, there is a malay proverb that says : "Ajal dan jodoh di tangan Tuhan" (Death and Marriage are in the hand of God). Meaning it's really not up to us when and who we get married to anyway. But it doesn't mean that we should leave it to fate to find our Mr or Mrs Right. Usaha tu kena ada lah juga! (we have to work to get what we want!). Hee....

Anyway, to my lovely niece, here's wishing that the engagement will lead to a happy marriage and a life long of happiness, forever and ever!

Ameen. In sya Allah.....



No comments:

Post a Comment