Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year Resolution

It's the first day of 2013. At this time of the year we sometimes get questions from friends about our new year resolution. Do you have one?

Well, I don't. Never had any in the last few years. I take one day at time most of the time.

Even when I was in school I am not much of a person with big ambition. Never really put much thought of what I wanted to be. There was no particular career that I was passionate about.

And when I started working I stayed in one single company instead of job hopping to seek new venture and career advancement. I just go with the flow. Nevertheless, I am happy and grateful for the achievement gained thus far. All from honest and hard work, with plenty of respect and care for others. I always believe that if we are passionate and sincere in whatever we do, we will succeed one way or another.

Back to this new year resolution, have you ever wonder why we are born in this world? What is the real reason we are here on earth? What is the purpose of life?

I do believe that if we find that answer, that purpose will be our long term goal and the short and middle term goal will be the ways to achieve just that.

Want to hear what I think?

Here is what I think........

You know that the first human was created in Heaven but was ousted out to earth due to the influence of the Devil. Right? So! The reason why we are born is to learn and find ways to fight against the devil to return back to Heaven. So, the purpose of our life on earth is to find our way back to where we came from. *Pause* Just think about it.

And its by no mean an easy feat. For if we don't have enough Iman and Faith, it will not be a straight path. It's like a lifetime of the Amazing Race. A larger than life Amazing Race. But we have the Quran to guide us. And the prophet Mohammad (SWT) is the role model, the prototype, the bench mark. And while we go to school or go to work, raise family, doing our everyday stuff and all that, everything that we do must be in accordance to the Quran and Sunnah so that we will continue towards achieving the ultimate goal. Btw, it helps to be with people who are in the same path. It will certainly make the journey a lot easier.

So! What do you think?

Anyway, I leave you to ponder further with the following ayat from Surah At-Tin 95:4-6.

May the year 2013 brings you closer in achieving your lifetime goal and may we gain happiness in this life and the hereafter.

Ameen.




No comments:

Post a Comment