Saturday 23 March 2013

Food and Fun

I had such lovely time with my girlfriends over dinner last night. I had a really long day yesterday and was feeling rather tired. Almost didn't make it but I am really glad that I did. It was a night of pure indulgance and filled with laughter. It's a long time since I laughed until I cried. Oh! The food was lovely too!

Anyways, one of my friends reminded me that I have 9 more to go in the list of "Things to Stop Doing to be Happy". I don't promise to go through all in the list, only those that strike my mind.

After so much fun last night I was thinking that this is such an antidote to stress at work. Sometime the stress in the office is not so much work related but more people related. It reminded me one of the items in the list.

Ok lets see what it says:
5. Whining.
Your words have power, especially over you. Whining about your problems makes you feel worse, not better.
If something is wrong, don't waste time complaining. Put that effort into making the situation better. Unless you want to whine about it forever, eventually you'll have to do that. So why waste time? Fix it now.
Don't talk about what's wrong. Talk about how you'll make things better, even if that conversation is only with yourself.
And do the same with your friends or colleagues. Don't just be the shoulder they cry on.
Friends don't let friends whine, friends help friends make their lives better.

*end of quote*

What do you think? I am sure you hear the whining in the office every now and then. Sigh...

I think that there are some people who are just born "whiners" if there is such a word. They always have something to complain about and they can go on and on about it for days on end over the same subject matter. Sometime I feel like telling them to shut up already and do something about it or go and take a hike!

I always believe in taking action over something that you are not happy with. We have to take control of our own life. No matter how tight a situation we are in, we have to snap out of it and make a decision that would enable us to move on. If we don't do it ourselves we may just be stuck and forever be unhappy. And that is one unhealthy and miserable position.

But sometimes there are whiners who whine about trivial matters that I just cannot fathom why. My conclusion on this is that if we show more gratitude (bersyukur) with every little thing that we have bestowed upon us, we will not become whiners. These kind of whiners should look at how the less unfortunate lives (did you watch the video I posted on FB about how a family live on scrap from a fast food joint? Sad but true!)

Anyways, the week end is here. I hope that everyone out there will have a fabulous week end with your loved ones. School is out, so take 'time-out' and spend quality time with the family. One of life best sound in the world is the the shriek of joy and laughter of pure fun and happiness from children.

Happy children will grow into happy adult!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment