Thursday 21 March 2013

Things to Stop doing to be Happy

Happiness be it in your business life or your personal life, is often a matter of subtraction, not addition.

Consider, for example, what happens when you stop doing the following 10 things:

1. Blaming.
People make mistakes. Employees don't meet your expectations. Vendors don't deliver on time.
So you blame them for your problems.
But you're also to blame. Maybe you didn't provide enough training. Maybe you didn't build in enough of a buffer. Maybe you asked too much, too soon.
Taking responsibility when things go wrong instead of blaming others isn't masochistic, it's empowering, because then you focus on doing things better or smarter next time.
And when you get better or smarter, you also get happier.

*pause*

Ok. Fyi, I copied that (the above) from one of the article from LinkedIn Today which I received on my email on 21 March 2013. I thought it was an interesting read. Usually the advice has always been what to do but this time around the advice is about what NOT to do.

For one, I totally agree to the no 1 in the list. I see this all the time and all around me. Whenever something wrong happens, the usual thing is that someone needs to be blamed upon. Why can't we look at ourselves first before pointing our finger to someone else. Better still, why is there any need to put the blame in someone at all. Just find a way around the situation and move forward. Learn from the mistake and make sure that it doesn't happen again.

Raise above yourself! Raising your voice in anger and scaring everyone around you will not solve the problem any quicker. Instead stay cool and calm while accessing the situation. Trust me, it will do good on the blood pressure too.

Well, enough said. This is just my two cents worth anyway. Just my thought, no one has to agree with it by the way :)

As for the other 9, I will just give you the headline as I have to call it a night.

2. Impressing
3. Clinging
4. Interupting
5. Whining
6. Controling
7. Criticizing
8. Preaching
9. Dwelling
10. Fearing.

Maybe I will pick up one or two more from the list and deliberate further..... Another time.

Good nite peeps. I am bushed.
Salam. Maaf zahir batin.

No comments:

Post a Comment