Friday 3 May 2013

Golden Years

Its official. At around 3 am early this morning I turned 55. The official retirement age. I was looking forward to this as I was planning on a bout of not doing anything for a couple of months. Hee hee..... But as my husband's advised, we need to accept the responsibility when asked as long as we still have the capabilities, physically and mentally. So there it goes. I will continue working in the corporate world for another year.

Anyhow, today I feel especially blessed with all that I have been given in life. Hence I cannot just be "taking" all the time, there must be some "giving" at the same time. InsyaAllah. I will do just that. For as long as I am needed, I will give to those who seek for my "service".

In deed, as I reflect back in my life journey in the past, I have plenty to thank Allah for. There wont be enough room to list everything down. But I must at least thank Allah for my wonderful family and beautiful friends, without whom my life would not be so colourful.

To everyone whom I have 'touched' one way or another, I hope that our relationship will continue till the end of days and that I have been an added value to your life too. To those I have wrong or hurt even in a small way, I beg for your forgiveness and seek the opportunity to make amend. And to my close family and friends, I sincerely thank you for being there when I needed it the most and for ever so willing to spend time to share not only my joys but also my sorrows.

I pray that there will be many more wonderful years to come and more colourful adventure in store in the future.

May Allah bless us all with a steadfast Iman and Taqwa till the end of time to secure us a place in jannah.

Ameen.

1 comment:

  1. happy birthday shahid..may you and your family be blessed always

    ReplyDelete