Sunday 28 April 2013

GE13 and the Gen Y.

The GE13 is just a week a way. I will be so glad when it is over for I am tired of some of the nonsense seen on the media as well as the social media. Sometimes I wish I can hit the "dislike" button or delete the posting. Most I see are just so unethical.

I see some campaign about Change. It makes we wonder.

Most human being are never satisfied with what we have. The more we have, the more we want. We should not be asking for free this and free that. We should talk about development for the country and better education system and job opportunity for our children, our grand children and great grand children. Nothing is free in this world. In order to make "something free", it needs to be funded somehow. Probably from our taxes. Something got to give. Its the law of "Give and Take".

But as usual, we often got fooled into thinking that the other side of the field is greener.

And one more thing. Do you think the generation Y is really really well informed about the way of the world? These are the ones supposedly demanding for change. The generation Y are known to be confident, ambitious and achievement-oriented. They have high expectations, like new challenges and are not afraid to question authority. Yet they are also known to be bored easily. They are willing to trade high pay for fewer hours, flexible schedules and a better work/life balance. And they are not "trained" to do hard labour as everything is supposedly available at their finger tips, at a click of a button in their tech savvy world.

So, what kind of government do you think they would opt for?

We shall wait and see....

P.S. I don't fancy any of the candidates in my area. Wish that I can 'hop' to another place and vote for my favourite person!

No comments:

Post a Comment