Tuesday 16 April 2013

Embracing Ethics and Integrity

As I was making a hot drink and stirring the cup slowly, I was jolted with a question when someone walked in.

"Apa sifat Nabi Muhammad yg ketiga eh? Nabi Muhammad ada 4 sifat, tapi lupa yg ketiga..."

I was flabbergasted! I didn't even know any of the 4 characteristics. So of course, as soon as I had the chance, I googled for the answers.

What I found is no big surprise and to me, at least 2 of them are what we all should have or practice ourselves.

What are they, you may ask.... ?
4 sifat Nabi Muhammad (SAW) adalah seperti berikut:
1. Benar
2. Amanah
3. Tabligh/menyampaikan
4. Bijaksana

The way I see it, not only any prophet but every single person must have truth and trustworthy. Don't you agree?

They are definitely the basis of work ethics and foundation for a sound relationship. And I am sure that its the frequently quoted as the reasons for broken marriage and disharmony in the office.

The only reason for someone for not telling the truth and nothing but the truth is when there is a hidden agenda or self interest. In another word, something to hide. Thats when things will start to fall apart.

Actually nothing good will come out from not telling the truth. Your life will be miserable. One because you are afraid that you will get find out. And two you will feel the guilt. You will be under a lot of stress.

Of course there are some who may get away with murder, but trust me, no matter how high the squirrel jumps, it will finally fall to the ground. (This is a malay proverb by the way. Hee...)

Failing which the All Mighty will take care of the rest. Sooner or later, one will get what one deserves.
So, don't be so smug and think that you can get away with it!

P.S. It is just a coincidence that a company wide program on Ethics and Integrity will be launched soon :)
P.P.S. It's a week before the election day. Cast your vote wisely! Does the person you plan to vote have the 4 characterics above? :D


No comments:

Post a Comment