Wednesday 8 January 2014

Year 2014: The begining

Its over. The year 2013. The year that is so.... shall I say, eventful. In my personal life and in my career.

2013 is a year that we will never forget as it was the year that my beloved husband and the father of my two girls departed. It has been almost 6 months today. We still miss him a lot and often reminisce the fun time we had together. 

2014 is going to be a new beginning for us. A whole new year for us without a man in the house. It's going to be different, for sure. There may be some instances that we certainly need a man in the house. Like getting rid of a snake in the kitchen cabinet for example. (Yes, it happened two days ago! Thank goodness it was just a baby python!). Well, I guess I will just have to wait for one of girls to get married to have a man in the house. Unfortunately it is not going to be anytime soon. And I am certainly not in the equation ok! 

So far all three of us has adjusted well. We don't really know what the future holds but with lots of faith in Allah we will be alright. InsyaAllah. Of course we have plans, but of course Allah knows what is best for us. 

I have ended 2013 and began 2014 in a spiritual umrah trip to Madinah and Mekah. To ease my soul. And to make the journey that my husband and I had planned together. Without my girls unfortunate, due to 'mahram' issues. 

With my spirit and soul rejuvenated, I am more than ready to move on to the new phase in my life. I have also decided that I have enough of the corporate world. I have taken an early retirement. 

My priorities has changed. And I plan to enjoy a simple life. Stress free from chasing sales targets and office politics. *grin*

As mentioned before I have a to-do list all mapped out upon my retirement. Now I get to start 3 months ahead. Lets see how it works out, shall we?

Good luck to me!

                                 

1 comment: