Tuesday 13 December 2016

Friendship Trip to UK

I was visiting MATTA fair to find a suitable package for a winter holiday but ended up purchasing flight tickets to London as well.  There was a great offer. That was my excuse. Truth be told, I actually miss some places in the UK. After all, I spent 6 years there during my college days. The adolescence years. An important period of my growing up years to be a matured adult. 

And also this would be a good year to rekindle my relationship with a few childhood friends and school mates. A couple of my juniors from boarding school who are studying for their Phds and a few of my school friends who have gotten married and live over there.

Hence, my trip took me to Warwick, Republic of Ireland, London, Sheffield and Derby to meet my friends. And I had wonderful times catching up with them.


                        Alisa in Coventry studying in the University of Warwick.  




                 Koh Soo Ling, married and living in Limerick, Republic of Ireland. 




                                Zoreen, married and living in Kent. 




                   Izura and Aiman, studying in the University of Sheffield




                                 Roziah, married and living in Derby



In addition, I also get to meet up with a couple of precious babies.


Meet Nuha, daughter to Izura and Aiman. She is so adorable and such a cutie. I am pretty sure everyone would fall in love with her after meeting her. I told Izura and Aiman that I came all to way to see Nuha and not them. Heee....


And this bouncing baby boy is the first grandchild for Roziah. Such a bundle of joy! I simple adore babies of this age. They are so much fun to be with until they turn two! Thereafter they may turn to be too rebellious! He he...

Somehow this trip has become more meaningful to me since I had the opportunity to visit my old friends and renewed our acquaintances. And its an added bonus to get to meet their beautiful offsprings as well. 

Thanks to all my wonderful friends for being such a gracious hostesses by letting me stay a night or two, or coming a long way just so that we could have lunch and a quick tour of the city. 

A special thanks to Alisa who has made this whole trip possible. Warwick has been my base between the short trips and her car has brought us to many other destinations that a day trip can be reached. 

Indeed. Wonderful friends are made of gold. 

Till we meet again, meanwhile please stay healthy and keep warm this coming winter.

Travel date: 14-30 November 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment