Thursday 27 October 2016

Bali

Bali is such a popular destination that I don't think it will need much introduction or explanation. Even though its not my first time here, its the first time for my daughter. I have left it to her to plan our trip and due to that some tourist spots that I visited were the first time too. 





Our resort was quite a distance from the airport but it was a great location for a breakaway! 

We had to squeeze as many places to visit as possible in 2 days and here are some of the shots taken from the places we visited.

Its my first time in Safari Park. The entrance fee was a little steep but we both enjoyed the experience.




Right after lunch we went to Uluwatu. Though I have been here once, I never had the opportunity to take photos in leisure before. 



Our last wish for the day was to see the sunset at Tanah Lot but we didn't have the luxury of time. We only managed to stop at Jimbaran before nightfall.


The second day brought me to places that I have not been before. 

Mount Batur in Kintamani is an active volcano with a natural lake and a lot of history. And an awesome view! 




After a quick lunch we went to another popular tourist site. Tegallalang Rice Terrace in Ubud. It was hard but I managed to walked down the terrace and up again much later! 



And we also made a short stop at Campuhan Ridge Walk. It was agood 1.5 km walk uphill but it was worth the climb.  The wind on the hill was just so exhilarating! 


Before the end of the day we stopped at Ubud Art Center. 


Day 3 was spent at leisure in the resort. It was such a beautiful resort that it's ashamed not to laze around the place. So we decided to kick back and relax. We went for a walk, swam in the pool and had a message at the spa. 



It was an enjoyable getaway for the two of us before our planned trip in October to Eastern Europe which both of us looked forward to.  

Till then, have an awesome week end!

Travel date: 17-21 August 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment