Monday 17 October 2016

Lucerne Switzerland

Its my first time in Lucerne. I think. For the life of me I cannot recall which town that I have visited the last first I was in Geneva way back in 1996 with my late husband. And he is not here now to remind me where we have been. 

Anyways, I just love Lucerne. A pretty little town that would have been even prettier in the pictures if it has not been raining.















We were given less than an hour to explore on our own but it was enough for me to fall for the charm of the village with cobble stone on the pavement and flowers on their window boxes. 

And from here we hopped on the cable car to climb Mount Pilatus. The real reason that were here. And its my first time up on the Mount Pilatus.





So happened that the temperature dropped significantly that there were snow up the mountain. Much to the delight of some of my friends who had their first encounter of the icy kind!

The view going up was simply breathtaking! With the snow capped gigantic mountain looming ahead of us everyone was filled with excitement and anticipation. 







We spent like an hour or so at the top, indoor and out door, marvelling at the sight. In deed nothing can ever compare to God's creation. Subhanallah.

The ride on the way down also filled us with wonder. The fantastic view of the mountain and its natural surrounding in its splendours were a sight for sore eyes. We were told that on a bright day, the view of the village below would have been awesome but we love this kind of weather too. The mist gave us sort of a mystical feel. For me at least. 




It continued to rain when we got back down to the village but it didn't dampen our spirit as we walked to the bus. I am sure everyone had a lovely time, making new memories in a place completely different from where we come from.

We were all tired but certainly happy with the day's outing. As I was falling asleep I told myself that I would like to come again and maybe spend a couple of nights in Lucerne and maybe go up the Mount Titilis next. 

Insya-Allah.

Travel Date : 23 April 2016


2 comments: