Monday 17 October 2016

Amsterdam Holland

I have been to Amsterdam once on a business trip. And what I remember well is the abundance of tulips which the city or country is famous for. Still, I looked forward for a revisit to spend more time at leisure in this bright and colourful city.

Upon our arrival we went straight to the city centre to get the feel of the spring in the air. It was bright and sunny when we first started out although its still a bit chilly for us. It was only our first day in Europe I guess we need to get use to the colder climate. 

The city has changed from what I remember but then again it was almost 20 years ago that I was here.
What surprised and delighted me is to see an amusement park right in the middle of the Ams Square. A very busy square in deed.  




It was a thrill to walk along the street full of characters aptly described in the pictures above. The buidling architecture, the boats and canals, the bicycles and of course tulips everywhere...

Talking about tulips, of course we spent sometime at the tulip garden or better known as Keukenhef Garden. 32 hectares of flowers with more than 7 million bulbs in bloom and a total of 800 varieties of tulips. Well at least that was what was said in the brochure. I thoroughly enjoyed my stroll along the path that leads to endless beds of tulips. I have taken so many shots from close up and different angle and selfies but suffice that I share some of the colourful joy below.



By the way if you plan on a visit do check the website before you fly because the garden is only opened during spring time. 

Another must visit place while you are in Amsterdam is of course the Dutch Village. Its a showcase of the traditional houses and windmill which is one of the icon for the country. 










All in all it has been a wonderful 3 days stay in Amsterdam. Do I want to come again? Definite yes but maybe not so soon as there are many other places I have yet to visit.



Insya-Allah, I shall be back here one day with the family perhaps. 

Travel date : 16-18 April 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment