Monday 17 October 2016

Florence Italy

So what comes to mind at the mention of Italy? Shopping? Leaning Tower of Pisa? Gondola city of Venice? How about all the above?

Yup! I am one of the lucky ones to see or do all the above. Of course the first stop for us is to see the Pisa. I have been here before for a very short visit and I have to admit that I didnt remember much of it. It was a very brief stop and furthermore it was like more than 10 years ago. 

Hence I was glad that we had a great weather for our shot and stroll with my new found friends.  We even had our first ice cream together and lots of giggle while taking our photos with the ice cream and  the Pisa as a backdrop. No, I am not sharing that photo  with you. Too cheesy! 






Florence city itself is pretty in its way. I marvel at the building with huge arches and doors and I envy the people sitting idly at the cafe while sipping their coffee watching the tourist making a fool of themselves. Ha ha...



Of course shopping is a must while in the Italy as all the good leather products with the big names come from Italy and France. We didn't have to go Milan. We can just go to the Shopping Outlet an hour from Florence. All the shopping outlets in these regions are like a little village tastefully designed and decorated to give a pleasant ambiance. To motivate shoppers to buy more of course!




I shall share pictures of Venice in a separate post as it deserves to have its own page. You will see why later.

Meanwhile, here is my pic-of-the-day.

                    

When I say huge, I mean huge! 

And those are some of my new found friends met during this trip. The beauty of a package holiday is that not only there is someone who will take care of all the logistics but also you get to make new friends too. 

See you in Venice! Ciao!

Travel date : 19-20 April 2016

3 comments: