Wednesday 19 February 2014

One step at a time

I think I have mention a few times some of the things that I plan to do upon my retirement. The one that have been mentioned a few times are the travelling and photography.

Well I must say that the travelling has started way before my retirement. Right after my eddah ended in fact. That was in late November 2013. Let's see. First of course, I went back to my home town in Johor or Batu Pahat to be exact, to visit my parents. Thats all the way down south.  In early Dec I attended a 3 days Development Program in Melaka. And then I went all the way up north to Penang for a family wedding. End of Dec 2013 and early Jan 2014 I went to umrah in Madinah and Mekah with my two sisters. When we came back there was another family wedding in Melaka. The following week end I made another trip to my home town. And then the trip to Hong Kong with my two girls at the end of Jan and early Feb. Soon as we were back I made a trip all the way down to Johor Bahru with a stop over in Batu Pahat on the way back. And this week end there is a family wedding in Terengganu.

Phew! I have never travelled so much in the last 3 years compared to last 3 months. Probably the last 5 years. The last time that I travelled like almost every week end (and that was only domestically) was during my first stint in Consumer when we organised the Sales Event in all the major town nationwide.

Anyway, no travelling has been planned for March and April. Yet. But you just may never know. A friend has just been bitten by a travel bug too and has started making plans to travel to all the states in the peninsula. And I may just hop for a ride with her...

Well, its not just all 'play' from now on. I have other big plans too. Other than travelling and camera clicking I mean. But that is going to take a lot more homework (literally) and  I am not ready to tell-all yet.  

Anyway, I am rather happy with the way things has got along so far. Alhamdulillah. And I am also starting to re-establish relationship by meeting up friends who have been rather neglected with my absence from the social scene. I know they fully understood my position and were truly supportive but hei, that's exactly why the need to meet them up in person to express my appreciation. 

Oh, have I mentioned that I have taken up cycling? Yup! Never too old for this activity. Starting it slow though. Will be awhile before I will be racing on the highway. Tee hee.

Going to call it a night. Another 'busy' day tomorrow. #jgnjeles

Assalamualaikum and Good nite everyone. 
Maaf Zahir Batin.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment