Tuesday 4 February 2014

Trip to Hong Kong

Well. What can I say. I have to admit that I had fun. 

Hong kong has never appealed to me as a holiday destination before. I think of China and Singapore rolled into one and pushed the country way at the bottom of my holiday list. 

But I have asked my girls to choose where they wanted to go and Hongkong was on top of their list. They wanted to go  and see a real life panda. And go on the rides in Disneyland and Ocean Park.

And so Hong Kong it was.

I must say that it has been a rather interesting trip and a pleasant brand new experience. 


And contrary to some it is a good time to go during the Chinese New Year as there were more events apart from the usual attraction and tourist destination. Like the spectacular Lunar Year fireworks at the Victoria Harbour. There was also the annual New Year Parade with floats and stuff but we missed it. That must have been colourful. But of course there were huge crowds which we have to put up with.

What do I like about Hong Kong? The variety of activities within travelling distance. The excellent MTR, the transport system. The clean public restroom. Every place that we went has its unique attraction. And also it's only 3.5 hours flight from Kuala Lumpur.
                             

But my most memorable take away from this trip was the time I spent with my girls. Its our first trip together since their father passed away. I was just so happy to see them excited to see a real life panda for the first time and enjoyed the thrilling rides. Their beaming faces when they wore the mickey hat or the panda hat will stay in my mind for a long time. 

I feel truly blessed and grateful that my two girls have a lot of care and respect for each other. It made me feel secure and warm inside with the fact that they not only have me to depend on but they also have each other. Allah is Great! 

And I can still hear my late husband words saying a few weeks before he died that "we have good kids...". Yup. We do. Alhamdulillah.

Semuga Allah menjadikan anak2 kita anak yg solehah
Anak2 yg sentiasa beriman dan bertaqwa kepada Mu ya Rahman
Dan beramal ibadat kerana Mu ya Rahim

Aameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment