Tuesday 11 February 2014

The Last Goodbyes

Every year there is this Convention that I used to organise for my department and this year I was invited as a guest for the dinner. It sure was good to be seated and not worry about the running of the event for a change. Organising such a big event is no easy feat. 

I was initially nervous about attending the dinner as there will be a special mention about my retirement. I was afraid that I would embarrass myself by crying on stage in front of 700 people. But alhamdulillah, I was cool and composed even to my own surprise. It must be to the fireworks that accompany the food presentation by the resort. I just love fireworks. And it must have set my mood right. Anyway, I didn't want to miss this event as this is my last opportunity to meet so many people before I make my final exit from TM. All those people who used to work with me especially from the states.

 

Some people have asked what I plan to do next. And some have even kindly commented that I didn't have to leave as I can still contribute to the company. Well, my priorities and focus have changed over the last couple of years and the reason events. And I must say that I can certainly contribute in my ways out there. Its time to give back to the society. Who knows we will still be working on a common ground again some day!

Just want to thank everyone for the lovely time. The wonderful words. The beautiful gifts. And the promise of continuous friendship.


Doa kan saya agar di beri kesihatan yang sempurna, rezeki yang halal dan ilmu pengetahuan yang menafaatkan.

Aameen.


No comments:

Post a Comment