Tuesday 13 October 2015

NORCAT Reunion 2015


Lately the subject of my major in Physics kept coming up in discussions for some reasons or other. 

Truth be told, I was never an ambitious person even from school. I had no burning desire to be anything in particular like some friends who had dreams to be nothing but doctors or architects etc etc. When I was offered a scholarship to further my study in England I applied for the course in Engineering on my father's advise but was finally offered to do Physics since my MCE result showed that I was good in that. And I  took the offer without a second thought.

Last week I was introduced to a subject called Social Science. It suddenly dawned on me that this would be the subject that I would go for if I have known what I know today. Its a subject that would be closer to my heart. Something that I can be passionate about. Physics in school to me was very fundamental and came naturally to me hence I was able to do my exam well but it was never a passion like some of my college friends who are now Professors in some local universities. Most of them are doing pretty well, I am proud to say.

But whatever it is, Allah has mapped my path as such and I am grateful for how much I have achieved. I was not even ambitious while I was working. I carried out my job the best that I could without eyeing any particular position but I was given the opportunity to lead a few strategic divisions and even a couple of subsidiaries. Alhamdulillah.

Anyways, talking about the overseas study, I did my A levels in Norfolk College of Arts and Technology, as it was called then, with 14 others and last Sunday we had a reunion, a few meeting up for the first time.  We had fun reminiscing. Its heartwarming to see everyone with families as old as we were when we first met. 

Till we meet again, meanwhile stay healthy and continue to be great! insya-Allah.

And salam maal hijrah everyone. May the new year brings greater success in this world and the hereafter. Aameen. 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment