Wednesday 14 October 2015

The Law of Physics

The sketch below made me smile. I am not sure how the "purity" is measured but its amusing anyhow, 
even though I am not a practising Physicist. My Mathematician friends would be grinning from ear to ear. 

But as I mentioned in my last post, I would have taken up Social Science if I had known better. Even if its at the bottom of the "food chain". 😝

I learnt about Social Science from a class that I attended last week. In fact I got the piece below from the Social Science class. The two weeks training was on the Technique of Translation. And there are technical streams for us to master apart from the general text; Science and Technology, Law, Social Science, Mass Communication as well as Creative Writing. I find that law is the most difficult as it has a specific jargon to adhere to but the rest are fairly straight forward to translate as long as you have a good command of the languange that you are translating to. But thats where the problem lies. To choose the correct words that gives an accurate message.  

And thats how I was introduced to Social Science. 

Someone told me that its not too late to take up a degree even at my age. Funny thing is that's exactly what I told my girls. Its never too late to learn or start something new. Like learning how to play the piano or roller blading. But they are in their twenties while I am in my late fifties. Even though it not something impossible, doing a second degree in Social Science will be right at the bottom of my to-do list. 

Top of the list now is to get my assignment done and submitted before the due date. This translation course is tougher than the Coaching course. The exam especially. 

The result will be in a month's time. So lets see how well or how badly I have done.

Untill then... See you in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment