Thursday 26 January 2017

Ireland - Killaloe

I have always wanted to go to Ireland. Its one place that I have not ventured into during my student days and my many visits to the UK much later on. And once the flight to London was confirmed, I made sure that Ireland would be in the agenda.

Much to my delight, an old school friend from my hometown has graciously invited us to her house in Killaloe, a little town about 20 km from Limerick. Thanks to her wonderful hospitality we had a little taste of the life of the Irish. 😁


That's  Soo Ling in the photo above sitting next to me and her family. I have her permission to share photos of her house which I find so adorable. From outside it may look like any other house (but then again even the exterior stands out from the rest) but once you step into the door, the warm ambience envelopes you immediately. I have always admired Soo Ling's artistic mind and skill in school and her house is filled with her handiwork and arts & craft. 



Her artistic touch can be found in every nook and corner of the house. Even the kitchen is filled with colours and decor that you don't often see in many homes. I was awestruck with her creativity and handiwork. 


And she has her own little work room where she displays her handy craft and even holds classes upon request.  


And of course, she is an avid garderner as well. The garden was pretty even in winter and her charming garden and handiworks is truly a delight. I bet it will be awesome in the spring and summer.


A walk down the street one morning gave us a chance to explore the neighbourhood. Almost everything you need is just a few doors away. 


And after about 15 minutes walk we came to the edge of River Shannon. What an awesome place for walking or running. I have fallen in love with this quaint little town. 




During my stay, I spent a day on a bus tour of the Ring of Kerry. Unfortunately it was a wet day but the scenery along the way was still awesome.







There are still many parts of Ireland that are worth visiting and Soo Ling has recommended a few. I promised myself that I will come again. It took her two years to cover all the popular attractions in 32 counties and it will definitely take me more. Definitely much more! 

Dublin was my next destination and I shall continue my story another time. Writing this post made me reminisce over the time when I was there and made me wish that I could go back there this summer! Wishful thinking! But who know?! 😀

Travel date: 17-19 November 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment