Wednesday 18 January 2017

Salzburg Austria.

Salzburg is a much smaller city compared to Vienna. With less places to see gave us the advantage to slow down our pace. I guess thats why I could recall much clearly the places that we visited.

Anyhow, the scenary that welcomed us as we reached Salzburg was simply breathtaking! 


The hilly background made the city picturesque like in a fairy tale books. Maybe thats why this city was chosen to be the location for the classic movie the Sound of Music. 


And here is the very garden that was used as part of the location in the movie. We spent quite a bit of time here and hence I was able to take shots of the garden from all angles. And I tried as best as I could to put the pieces together such that you can have a better view as well.


Above is the south part of the garden and below is the north part. 


And the rest below are the various nook and corners in the garden. 





To go to the other side of the town we crossed a bridge that's popular among the locals and visitors alike. You can why below. The view from the bridge is also oh-so pretty! 



And we reached town we could see the uniqueness of the building especially in their signages. And I even found one with my daughter's name! 


Most of the buildings are not as arfully sculptured as in Vienna but they are packed with history. 




Somehow, for whatever reason, I have a better recall of Salzburg compared to the other cities visited earlier. 

But I have my best photos yet. To me anyway. Soon...!


Travel date: 8 October 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment