Saturday 23 November 2013

Moving Forward

You say that time flies. You know what? The last 4 months have been the longest in my life. It seemed like time has stood still. And then suddenly the period of eddah (of 4 months and 10 days) is almost over. Tomorrow will be the last day. The grieving and mourning period is officially over. 

Everyone who knows me knows that I am an outdoorish type of person and probably think that the last 4 plus months has cramped my style. Well, truth be told the 4 plus months has given me plenty of good things. Apart from the fact that it has given me the much-needed time to grieve and hide, it has also given me time to get back into shape! LOL! 

One thing for sure, its a good thing that I am required to wear 'mourning' clothes (dark colours and loose fitting) during this time as it has helped to hide my out of shape bods! Well, I have made full use of the stay-at-home rules. Daily half an hour exercise and simple meals has managed to get me back on track. 

Talking about loose fitting clothes, I kind of gotten used to wearing 'jubah' to work. They are certainly much more comfortable and somehow make me feel more feminine. Especially those with wide skirt and flowy material. So I may just continue wearing them. Well, maybe not everyday. And certainly those with brighter colours. And colourful scarves too. Hey! This calls for a day for shopping! Yeay! I really miss shopping! *grin*

Something else I miss is the 'time-out' with friends. I follow strictly to the eddah rules which includes no socializing in public places. And that means no lunch break at the cafe in the office either. I have my lunch in my room in the office most time but at time some friends dropped by to keep me company or have lunch with me. (You guys rock! You know who you are!) But most time we are all so busy anyway, and lunch has been such a rushed occasion. 

So Tuesday onwards there will be a lot of catching ups to do over lunch or dinner. I really need to get back in touch with all the lovely people out there. Plus I really miss sipping coffee at leisure while watching the world go by....

Well. It will be another phase in my life. But thats life. You win some. You lose some. They are all whats good for us regardless. As it's Allah's will, afterall. 

To everyone who has stood by me, I hope that you will continue to be a big part of my life every step of the way. InsyaAllah.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment