Thursday 28 November 2013

Mummy's Day Out

Last Monday was my last day of eddah and I had lunch 'dates' with friends on Tuesday and Wednesday as well as tomorrow Friday. (Thursday is a day for fasting). 

And not to be left out my girls also insisted on having dinner on Tuesday itself to 'mark' the day. (Aren't they adorable?!) I would not use the word 'celebrate' as its not really an occasion of celebration, is it? Its like after a confinement. You would go out for a good meal after the 44 days of strict diet and restricted activities too. 

But its not the same kind of dinner celebration on the occasion of one's birthday or passing an exam or such like. It is a more muted occasion. Still the end of eddah deserves an outing to give recognition of an achievement. For those who follow strictly on the eddah rules. 

And also it is good to show the rest of the world that we are not in mourning any more for we are certainly not encouraged to grieve longer than necessary. 

Anyway, since my girls were unable to go out on the same night, I was more than happy to go out for dinner separately with each of them on a different night. Funnily enough both chose to go for Japanese food. And I certainly has no advertion to having shashimi and teriyaki two nights in a row. 

This week end I will be going back to my hometown to see my parents. I am so looking forwards to that. The last time when I was back was a day trip on the first day of Hari Raya. 

Yup! Looking forward for this trip! And this little trip will be the 'maiden' trip before many more trips to come! Watch out world! Here I come! 

Bon apetite and bon voyage! 

P.S. Photo of one of the dishes we had yesterday! Taken by Syaza.

1 comment: