Saturday 14 November 2015

A DAY AT THE ZOO

The zoo has always been our favourite place as a family. And we never miss a chance to visit one whenever the opportunity arises. And the visit also gives me plenty of opportunity to test out my photography skill. 

With a point and shoot camera there is not much skill required as long as we know the features that the camera has to offer. All it takes is to learn the technique and apply your talent in composition.

Take photos below for example. (A single photo would be much clearer but there are just too many that I love to share that I don't have the heart to leave them out)

         

Waiting for the right moment is the essence. Take as many shots as possible as it doesn't cost a thing. One may be just turn out to be your favourite photo. In the photos above, it was no use to wait for the lion to wake up and stand up so thats the best that I can do. But that picture, don't it just remind you of a movie and a song? My daughter almost burst out singing when she saw the lion on the rock. Hee...

Anyways, for the rest of the photos I had to wait patiently to get the animals to turn just right before I said "cheese"! And while using the zoom lens I had to make sure that the camera did not shake when I press the button. There are a few tricks to that. You pay the coffee and I shall divulge my secret.

The animals below were pretty much easier to photograph because they were pretty much static except for the bird. Having said that though, you just have to get lucky that they are facing you while "playing dead" like the koala bear for instance. They can stay in the same position for hours on end with their face hidden away.

        

My favourite photo from above is the baby hyppo. From far I could not tell if its awake but from the photo I realised later that it was. And it was in the right spot at the edge of the water for me to catch its relection. Its such a beauty. The baby hyppo I mean. You just feel like you want to hug that cute little thing. Well, the photo is too. Its one of my favourite shot. By the way, the mother was not too far away. There was another shot with the mother but thats another story. 

I also had fun taking photos of the flowers found along the track and around the zoo. I really must look up for the names of the flowers, weed or otherwise.

        

        

Aren't they just pretty?

All in all, it was a marvelous day yesterday. Although it started to be a little chilly and wet, the day turned bright and sunny later on in the afternoon. 

We ended the day with a walk in the park before heading to the skydeck to watch the sunset. After a short rest that is. 

 

 

Alhamdulillah. It has been brief but filled with new memories. I had fun testing out my new camera, renewing my experience in Melbourne and spent quality time with my baby girl. Priceless moments.

See you back in PJ! Insya - Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment