Sunday 22 November 2015

Travel tips 101 Part 1

I have finally gotten over the fatigue from my short vacation down under. Although it was just about  a week's  holiday, a lot of walking was involved which means tired legs and cramped muscle. A sure sign of an unfit me, I have to admit. Other than that it was a wonderful journey with memorable experience and great bonding time with my baby girl. Both my trips this year were in the same country albeit different cities and with the same travel companion. And I guess that completes my quota of travelling for the year. 

During my recent trip, I promised myself that I must share with my friends my own personal travel tips which I have garnered with my own personal experience. 

Most travel tips would focus more on the big ticket items like accomodation and weather check and plug points. And the usual advice would also be the right attire for the different countries and weather down to the list of toiletries to be included. My recommendation below may seems to be of lesser priority nevertheless just as important. 

1. First of all, top in my list would be a pair of comfortable walking shoes. Especially when there will be lots of walking which usually happen to me as I love to visit galleries, zoos and gardens. It would certainly damper the pleasure of seeing colourful flowers and exotic animals if your feet hurts too much to walk another step forward. In addition, it would also be handy to carry plasters or band aids for your heels and toes when they get chaffed even before the blisters occur. They would surely safe the days ahead.

2. Always pack foldable umbrella no matter what season of the year it is. It will be useful during summer showers and even freezing winter rain. A raincoat may be handy to have too in spring, summer and autumn.

3. I am also a person who never travel without a pouch of tablets for headaches, flu/cold and tummy ache. Nothing is worse than being sick during a holiday and prevention is definitely better than cure. So when you start to sniffle a quick action is need to snuffle it out! Before it gets any worse. On top of that I always have with me extra supplements and multivitamins to give my antibodies a boost.

I think I shall stop at 3 for now. I shall share more tips in another post perhaps. Insya-Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment