Thursday 10 May 2012

Counting Your Lucky Stars

It's actually funny in a way. I met up a few old friends and what was our topic of discussion? Our pain points. Literally. We were actually comparing our body aches and pains; who has knee problem, who has back problem, what suppliments we take, etc.

Hee.... Maybe its a common topic among us at this age.

But I was also reminded of something even more important by one of them which compell me to share.

Whenever a calamity occurs in our life, normally we would be so upset and depressed that sometimes we forgot about all the good fortune that we have been bestowed upon us.

She continued to say that instead of dwelling too much on the problem to the point of getting out of our mind, we should be counting on our blessings so that we can be in a better frame of mind to address the problem at hand.

I can certainly relate to that. Isn't this is a good advice and reminder to us all? It will certainly help us to take on our little life challenges with a much better frame of mind and it would certainly help to manage our stress better.

One thing for sure when you think that you've got it bad, there are others who are worse off.

Just so you know, I must say that I am lucky to have all of you as my friends for I know that I can turn on you whenever whatever. And the feeling is mutual.

Thank you my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment