Wednesday 16 May 2012

Reunions

Yeah. It's been sometime since my last post. Been kind of occupied lately taking care of things and loved ones. Such that the mind becomes occupied too. And when it's occupied, it doesn't wonder or ponder as much.

But..... I did find the time to meet up with some of my old school friends last week end. My upper secondary school. Sek Men Sains Johor in Kluang. (During my time there was only one Science school in every state.)

I honestly feel that I am fortunate that I have the opportunity to study in a boarding school even for a mere two years. It was certainly a totally different life style compared to my lower secondary school life. I enjoyed both of them actually. They were totally different experience altogether. And I am glad that both my girls have gone through the same experience. Alhamdulillah. I certainly wouldn't want them to go to boarding school right from year 1.

Anyway, the committee members of the alumni never gets tired of organising a yearly reunion. (three cheers for the President of SAJOHA and the exco members. Hip hip hurrah!). Usually the event is attended by about 200 to 300 former Sajohans. The biggest one we had was about 3 years ago where we had a Charity dinner. There were about 500 guests and we collected donation to repair the surau in the school. It was a pretty successful event and everyone had a great time. And we get to do our bit for charity too. What more can one ask?

Well last week end event was no different. As usual we had a blast. We get to meet the regulars and some new members and even a few long lost friends. There was plenty of food, entertainment and goodies to take home. And there were a lot of reminiscence and laughter. I would not miss it for the world.

The next big event will be the hari raya gathering but of course there are small group get together in between every now and then. The odd lunch or breakfast or afternoon tea here and there.

Will be looking forward to that.

I can't help wondering though, why there are some who never bother to make contact anymore. The same goes with my college mates. Only like half of us are still in touch whereas the other half seems to have disappeared to the center of the earth. Ok, ok. I am exaggerating.

Oh well. Guess I better say goodnite before I start to ramble on and on...

Good nite my friends. I do love you even though I don't see you as much as I like to.

*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment