Wednesday 16 May 2012

Au revoir my friend.

Two weeks ago I attended a farewell dinner to honour a colleague who has retired. And in function such as this, the guest of honour is expected to give a speech. Suddenly it struck me. In one or two years time I will be on the stage giving a similar speech! Oh my God! I don't think I can do that.

You see, I am such a cry baby. Have always been a cry baby since a baby. Hee.... My sibling used to tease me incessantly about it. And it would make me cry even more as a result of it. Hee....

I mean, for having worked in a single company for 30 years, anyone would feel so much for the company and the people in it that I am pretty sure it is hard to leave without feeling sad in some way. I am sure that I will be so sad that I will not be able to make a speech without being emotional and worse with tears running down my cheeks. Can I request to skip the farewell dinner please.....?

Anyway, to my friend G, here's wishing you the best of everything in life as a lady of leaisure. May Allah bestow you with good health and happiness in what ever you do, where ever you will be.

InsyaAllah.


Me and G

1 comment:

  1. thk u my dear friend! believe me there were moments that tears filled my eyes,no matter how much I tried to hold back. when i broke the news of the final month at TM to a few staff,one returned to her cubicle shocked, the other rushed to the ladies in tears....and another came to hug me & left for home crying! I did suggest there need not be a farewell for me,but they insisted & the goodbyes by GBCM on 30/3 at Lost world of Tambun was fun(gceo was present )but on 3/4 at Menara AS & 7/4 State Tiaranita was quite an emotional one! Another on a grand scale by all KP staff 10/4 & via emails, sms wishes that followd really touched my heart! its true. . .after abt 30yrs the co.is your life! i felt so empty at first, but believe me, i realise its time to ' live & love life'. the Almighty knows best. . .my dear mom fell sick a mth before my freedom. So, I m busy still & guess thats what leisure means to me.
    Bye now, u take care, the fmly needs us too. with luv & sweet memories. . . au revoir.

    ReplyDelete