Sunday 24 June 2012

On line Shopping

Are you an auditory, visual or kinesthetic person? Huh?

Ok. An auditory person is a person who can easily understand with any explanation with just words while a visual person will need a more elaborate explanation with the support of visual aids, be it pictures, formulas, power point presentation, etc. Whereas kinesthetic person needs more convincing with the actual touch and feel of the goods or product.

Usually a kinesthetic person takes a longer time before making a decision because they not only need to visualise it but also to feel for it.

So, sales via telemarketing works very well with auditory people while on-line shopping works better for visual person. Kinesthetic people would usually go to the mall to try it out first before making a purchase.

All the above are called NLP (I talked about NLP some postings ago) and its very handy for sales people to have to clinch that deal.

Guess which one I am. Yup! I am a visual person. People in the office can easily tell because in meetings I would usually get up and start using the board to put our discussion in a visual perpective.

And you know what? Now I do more shopping on line than ever before. I only go out to the mall when my girls are around which is not so frequent nowadays. And I also take the opportunity of friends who travel overseas to shop for me. Its like having my own personal shoppers. Hee...

And I am totally happy with the arrangement. Unless of course, the outing to the mall is not just about shopping but also dining. Then to the Mall we must go! And I don't have to go far for that because there is a new mall just opened in the neighbourhood!

Oh, I do go out grocery shopping once a week. But I wonder when they will offer that service on line. Then I don't have to go out at all.... Tee hee

Have a beautiful Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment