Friday 22 June 2012

What? No shopping?

Funny how my friends reacted when they were informed that I did not do much shopping while I was in Singapore recently. Hee....

You see, I attended a 3 days conference in Singapore and usually this annual event would coincide with the Great Singapore Sale. And usually I would make time to take the opportunity to shop for good bargains. But this time around I did not even go to Orchard Road at all. Which sounded weird to some of my frineds who knows that I am semi shopaholic. Hee...

Well, to be honest, I wonder why too. Why I did not feel the need to shop till you drop like I used to. No no no! This time you cannot pin it on my age, ok. For I still love shopping as much as any women any age!

Well, maybe because I have been doing a lot of shopping on line lately. As well as through friends who travels overseas to US, UK or Europe where I can get goods at about 20 to 30% less that the price in KL stores. On top of that there is nothing really pressing that I need to add in my wardrobe.

My usual passion is for good quality leather shoes and handbags. But since I don't need to replace my formal working shoes due to my pending retirement, I have not been shoes hunting much. But you know what? I bought like 4 pairs of fit flop recently with 2 more on the way. All done on line where it cost much less than in the retail stores. I found that they are most comfortable for people like me who has knee problem. And they are pretty too compared to crocs. *grin*

But to say that I did not shop at all is a lie. I did buy some material at the shops on Arab Street. Afterall I stayed in a hotel which is right next door to all the shops famous for good quality materials like cotton and silk at reasonable price. To be honest I don't really know if the price I paid for is cheaper or not but what the heck, I hardly have time to shop back in KL anyway. And before I knew it, I had several bags in my hands. I had to literally stop myself when I suddenly remembered that I only brought a small cabin bag with me on this trip.

Once a shopper, always a shopper! Hee......

Have a wonderful week ends everyone!


There are two rows of shops and they are totally a different ambiance to shops on Orchard Road!

Just love the old achitecture which is still been maintained along the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment