Friday 20 April 2012

Here we are again

Guess what? I am in Ho Chi Minh again. Ha ha ! This time its on an invitation and its just a short 3D2N trip. On this trip I am going to write about the food here. You will be happy to know that there are plenty of halal restaurants available now compared to 10 years ago. Most of them are located near the grand mosque.

Our lunch on the first day was in a place called Halal Saigon. This restaurant serves really good food. The owner is a Malaysian and she claimed that her secret is in the ingredients that she uses. Most of them are airflown from Malaysia.

I certainly recommend it myself. We came here twice the last time around! Her speciallity I would say is the starter which include a clear melon soup and the desert of toasted pau plus ice coffee! They look so simple but it taste heavenly , I tell you. You have to try it to believe it. Oh! Don't forget to try the ice coffee too. I can declare that it is simply the best in town!

So next time you are here, don't forget to have your lunch or dinner at Halal Saigon.

Bon apetite!


1 comment:

  1. yes..i went to this restaurant while in ho chi minh too. i love the dessert sweet lengkong/jelly with ripe sweet jack-fruit in it. yes this is a good place indeed.

    ReplyDelete