Sunday 29 April 2012

Grateful and Humbled

Someone told me that it's not easy to achieve happiness. In life there are so many challenges and if you do not set your end goal right, the happiness that you seek may be elusive.

What we should be aiming for is peacefulness, he said. And this is not hard to find. And the key to achieve this is to always be grateful and humble.

When I ponder on what he said, I found a lot of wisdom in his statement. If we are always grateful and thankful with what we have, we would never complain or envious of others who has more. There will be no bitching or back biting and back stabbing. Hence there is no self inflicting stress from the negative energy within ourself.

[Of course that does not mean it gives us an excuse not to strive to be better than what we are. I met someone who declared that his life was fated when actually he was too lazy to do something to improve himself. He is one misguided soul.]

Now, to be humble is something that may be hard for some. In my personal observation, I find that in most cases the poor folks are more humble and the rich are the ones with certain ego. May be it comes with the job. By right the higher the position we hold the more humble we should be. The more grateful with what we have been given and the more humbled that we have been so blessed.

If we hold on to this two feelings, no matter how rich or poor we are or if we are a farmer or a Managing Director we would always have that feeling of peacefullness within ourself. What I personally call: quiet happiness. You know what I mean? Like, for example, the feeling that you have when you have done something good by helping out someone in needs. I believe this kind of quiet happiness will last forever compared to the jump-for-joy kind of feeling.

Not sure if I am making sense here. And I am totally ok if you disagree with me.

Whatever it is, here's wishing that we all will find what we are looking for!

InsyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment