Monday 2 April 2012

Life Choices

Ever heard the saying that its not so much of what happened but what decision you made and what action you took is the most important thing at all? I am sure that there were many a times when we came to a cross road and had to make that hard decison. The action taken upon that decision is instrumental to what happen next and carve the path that we will go through henceforth.

We can decide to be positive about it. We can decide not to be selfish about it. We can decide to do something which benefits others.

Or you can decide to be miserable about it. Or take the easy way out. Or blame everyone else except yourself.

So what triggers us to make a particular decision? I say, it depends very much on how emotional we are at that particular moment. Whether we use our heart or our head or a bit of both.

So what makes a person more emotional than others? Now, that is a very good question which I can't say that I have an answer to.

I must admit though that I used to be a very emotional person. Until I learned and accepted that everything happens for a reason. And that in every cloud there is a silver lining. It took me sometime though, years in fact. Ever since then I am not so easily spooked and would be more cool and calm when faced with a 'situation'.

Or maybe the term 'older and wiser is true'? Hee.....

May Allah bestows me with the virtue of patience and tolerance and even more.

Amin.




No comments:

Post a Comment