Friday 30 March 2012

Champions and Friends

A friend posted in her FB on her elation when her school won the netball championship for U18. She is the Headmistress of the school. What made it even more exhilarating is that its the first win after like more than 10 years. What joy it was to beat the all time champion and snatched the trophy from them!!!

It really reminds me of my school and college days where I was an active netball player too. Right from primary school to secondary school and even into my college days. Mind you, I was an awesome Goal Shooter, even if I say so myself. Hee....

Actually, its not just the joy of winning that made me so into the game. Its the people you meet along the way. It was so much fun meeting other players from other states, making new friends and exchanging phone numbers and jerseys at the end of the championship. As I am writing this, a few games flash by my head. Picture memory of me playing on the primary school field, the game that I played for UMNO Batu Pahat in JB when I should have been attending the 3 days Induction Course for overseas students (yeah, I know, I could have been struck of the list but hey, I have UMNO to vouch for me. Ha ha!) and the first time I played for my college thinking that I would be the shortest player among the 'minah sallehs' but found out that there was another girl shorter than me. Hee...

I gave my children all the encouragement to be involved in their school sports and extracurricular activities. I always reminded them that later on when we look back on our school days, the one that brings back fond memories are the stuff that we did together with friends. The fun and silly things that we did. The joy and tears of winning and losing in competition.

And at the same time the games and activites would be able to teach them to work in a team and they will learn to help each other out. A good traits to have in the long run.

All in all, I must say that I have good memories of my school days and whenever I meet up with any of my school friends we never fail to relive the fun that we had.

I am looking forward to the reunion of my college friends tomorrow!


1 comment: