Thursday 15 March 2012

Mind over Matter

I guess it's natural. We do things better when we are happy. When we are happy we will be in a good mood. A good mood to do anything.

I found that when I was in the hospital last week even though I have time in my hand, I was not in the right frame of mind to write (the blog). Not that I was worried or anything like that because I knew that we were in good hands. Still, I guess unconciously and psychologically I still have that niggling feeling at the back of my mind. You know what I mean?

I recall in the past when I was working in KL Tower, many times prior to major events even when I told myself that everything was fine and well taken care of, but still I have trouble sleeping. I had two or three sleepless night prior to the first KL Tower base jump. The first ever base jump done in Malaysia. It was a bold decision and the 'make or break' kind of situation. Alhamdulillah it went pretty well. And had a pretty good coverage in the media and a good publicity to the Tower. Which was the purpose of the whole thing. But it could have been a disaster if anything went wrong. Although some would say good or bad, its still a publicity. But I for one certainly did not want that kind of publicity.

Actually, come to think of it, I had a lot more sleepness night while I was working in the Tower than any other job that I had ever been assigned to. There are many reasons for that but I will not go into the detail right now.

So, going back to this subconscious mind that we don't have control over. I must say that I have improved a lot since those days. Because even though I could not write, I did have good sleep on those two nights on the hospital sofa bed!

I must say that's a major improvement, don't you agree?


No comments:

Post a Comment