Thursday 12 January 2012

Life goes on....

I had difficulty getting up this morning. No, its not usual on a non-Monday morning. My tummy didn't feel too good and my body ached all over. (Excuse me, did I hear you say; Its probably a sign of age....?). These kind of days often makes me wonder what is the meaning of life and what is my purpose in life.

As I was lying in bed (after telling my secretary that I would be late), I recalled a session with Dr Fatma where she talked about how to be happy and stay happy in life. I mean, everyone knows that having everything doesn't mean that you are happy. Dr Fatma has given 12 Do's and Don't's which I will talk about in future post (well maybe some of them), but in summary the main two things according to her are
1. to be steadfast ('bersabar') and 'redha'(wholeheartedly agree to the decision to what Allah has decided upon) upon any calamities
2. to be grateful for every little things we have (refer to count your blessing in earlier post)

Mulling over the two traits above, it actually makes a lot of sense. One can be so happy with so little if you think of others with so much less and reacting positively over calamities is certainly less stressful.

As I dragged my aching body off the bed, I thank God that I am still able to walk and have a job to go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment