Wednesday 25 January 2012

Work Life

While we are talking about work, it would certainly help to have a more balance life if we are happy with what we do and with the people who we work with.

I personally find that work is almost the same anywhere I go.  Only the people have changed. (In the earlier years, I only need to do as per directed by my superior and later on, I only need to apply my experience and change the strategy accordingly with the nature of the work).This is my conclusion after working in 9 different departments in a single company. And to me when we work with people who have the same passion and the same 'direction' with you, it will not be too difficult to enjoy the time spent in the office. And when we achieve a goal, it can be such a blast!

My personal findings also shows that its not too difficult to get along with others if we focus on people's strength and use their strength to get the work done. The only trouble is when the strength does not match the job. Then it can be frustrating. Be it your peer or your subordinates. Worse still if its your Boss. Boy, that can be such a pain.

Lucky for me, I have been blessed with great people to work with wherever I was. Even during those years when I was the CEO of subsidiary company, I had wonderful Board of Directors. Work has never been a chore to me. Well, ok. I maybe lying if I say that all my Bosses were wonderful too. There was one or two in my earlier days who were a bit of a pain, but then I was young and full of ideas and they were a whole generation apart. What do you expect? Luckily for me it was only for a short term. Phew! I am never a person who can remain quiet if I feel strongly about something. I will fight till the end! Ha ha!

Looking back, yes, there were jobs in the past that achieved sweet success which make me smile even today. But what make me really smile is the people that I met along the way who still remembers me kindly even after oh! so many years. And even better still when you meet someone in your past who told you that you have made a difference in their life. Aaaah....Heart warming, food for your soul.

Well, here is a quote from Joan Boysenko:
If our actions stem from honesty, kindness, caring and vision, then no matter what the result of our efforts, we have added something of value to our souls and to the world.


May Allah blesses us all. Good nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment