Saturday 18 February 2012

Gift from your Heart.

I don't know how my people share this feeling : I actually enjoy buying presents. No! Not for me. Who wouldn't enjoy buying present for yourself! Ha ha ! I mean buying  gifts especially birthday gifts for your close friends or family.

Or is it because I am a shopaholic that I find it fun buying even if its not for me? It certainly could be the case! Ha ha ha!

Anyway, the whole experience of buying a birthday present is a joy to me.  Browsing for the perfect gift, wrapping the present, tying the ribbons. I love doing it. It just makes my day when the person you bought it for simply loved the gift. And its not too difficult to find the right gift for the right person if you know the person well.

Now, buying for someone you don't know well enough can be a problem.  Even if its for children. I had to do that just today. And I spent like, an hour in the store picking up something and putting it down again as I have no clue what the birthday kid likes and dislikes. (I remember one of my daughters never have a thing for Barbie dolls and she simply didn't know what to do with it. Hee...). After two stores, I managed to find something suitable which would pleased the parents even if the child wouldn't. Ha ha! Yeah, it's one of those educational toys. But I am pretty pleased with the choice. I sure hate giving something which I am not happy myself. Even to a kid.

I finally realised that what makes the whole experience a joy. It is actually the joy of giving. And it makes a lot of difference when the gift is chosen and bought yourself, wrapped yourself and ribbon-ed yourself.  (If you are one of those who are hopeless at wrapping presents and especially at tying ribbons, ignore the last two).

And when you finally give the present to your friend, you know that it's a gift from your heart.

That's what matters most. Don't you agree?




No comments:

Post a Comment