Saturday 18 February 2012

Singing in the rain

It has been a wet and cold Saturday so far. It has been raining since early morning. One of those rains that kind of drizzles on and off and doesn't seems to want to stop. It will probably be wet and gloomy the whole day.

I tell you what. I love rainy days actually. It makes me want to cuddle up on the sofa with a good book or watch TV the whole day. I would probably fall asleep before turning the page or before the end of the show, but that's the idea!

On days like this, doesn't it make you feel grateful that you have a roof over your head, a comfortable sofa and a blanket to keep you warm?

Even when there is a heavy downpour. I would sit by the window and watch the rain beating on the roof of my car and making puddles on the ground. Everytime I do this, I wish that I can capture the moment on camera but alas the photos doesn't reflect the feeling that I have.

I guess rains reminds me of my happy and carefree childhood.

You see, those days whenever there was a heavy downpour one of us would rush to get the pails out to 'collect' the rainwater as much as we could. We had problem with the water supply back then. So, with an umbrella or raincoat on, I would rushed out to place pails strategically around the house where they could catch the water as they fell from the roof. But after awhile you would find me out in the rain playing with the puddles minus the rain coat.

It didn't take much to keep me happy, eh?

So. While rains depresses some people, it certainly have an opposite effect on me. All because of the memory of a child soaking wet jumping gleefully on puddles of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment