Sunday 12 February 2012

Shop till you drop! Part 2

Baru cerita pasal shopping semalam and this morning in our Kelas Ilmu, the Ustaz reminded us all about overspending. Ha ha ha!

Anyway, I simply thought it would be a good reminder for us all. After all we all need to keep a balance with everything that we do in life. Not to eat too much or too little, not to sleep too much or too little, not to work too much or too little. In fact everything that we do must be in moderation. (There are exception but I will not go there for now). Again, its all about discipline. Example when the food tastes so good, we may over indulge to the point of no return. That certainly happened to me. One time I have craving for macaroons. I have to have like, one or two on daily basis. Another time I have craving for red velvet cakes. Same cycle happened. I would buy like, half a cake and keep it the fridge for the week's consumption! Thank goodness I have overcame those cravings. Took me sometime to lose all that weight that I gained because of the craving and over indulgence.

So we must have the discipline to say when its enough and have the strong will to stop right there. We have to satisfy our needs not our wants. Its all easier said than done, right?

Well, my trick to avoid the devils temptation is by avoiding the circumstances to begin with. Like, do not go for the buffet lunch or dinner but the ala carte instead. Or do not go shopping when there is a big sale going on. Believe me that this is the time when you would buy things that you do not need! But if you really need to make a saving by going shopping during a sale then you have to prepare a list of items that you need and stick to buying only those in the list! Hah! I know its next to impossible. But if you can do so  once, then you can do it again!

In my younger days I would actually max my card out and pay the minimum every month. Once a year when I got my bonus, I would clear all the balance or as much as I could afford it. Lucky for me, I had only one card and the maximum expenditure allowed was not too impossible to clear at the end of the year. Now I am more disciplined and buy only what I need and clear my card payment monthly. But, I have to confess that there are one or two times in a year when I slipped. But keep that to your self ok!





Anyway, this is the ayat from the Al-Quran that our Ustaz was refering to when we had our discussion. He even suggested that we memorise the ayat and use it in our daily prayer.  

I may just do that!


No comments:

Post a Comment